2. What classes do normally attend?
I usually join 9am or Noon but depending on my schedule, I’ll also be there in the evenings. You won’t find me at 5am or 6am because that’s just too damn early for me.
3. What is your favorite workout or exercise?
My favorite workout is Grace. I love olympic lifting.
4. What are your short term/long term goals?
Short term – Crossfit total over 900, 50 unbroken D/U, 10 unbroken HSPU
Long term – Originally, I wanted to be in better shape on my 40th birthday than on my 30th birthday, which with a year away I’m pretty close to achieving. My longer term goal is to continue to stay active and enjoy life for as long as possible.
5. What is your motivation to get to the gym as often as you do?
Everything about is fun. I probably complain more than anyone about how hard a workout is but my secret is that I yearn for it. You get to compete with your friends and watch yourself do things you never thought were possible. I don’t know where I’d be without it. It’s become a part of me.
6. What is an interesting fact that people may not know about you?
As a kid, I lived in rural England for three years while my father was working there. While I was there, we travelled Europe and it gave me a broader view of the world which has helped me throughout my life.
7. What do you do for fun out side of GSCF?
I love playing golf and tennis and now that my kids are getting older, I get more of a chance to do it (which is good, because both games need a lot of work).
8. How long have you been a member?
3 1/2 glorious years. Looking forward to the next 3 1/2